perjantai 9. maaliskuuta 2012

Transplantation and germination


Hey! I'm going to Helsinki to educate myself further this weekend, hence the early update.

I have moved most things to the window by now. I had eight cartons with tomato seedlings, and three of these I cut up and transplanted the seedlings each to their own carton. I only did three to see how they take it, because they are so super-delicate and I'm afraid of killing them. I could hear the roots snap on two, but they seem to be fine now!


I arranged the fan and curtains to create a warm microclimate by the window. In this picture, the fan is further away than in reality.

Squash germinating! Transplanted tomatoes looking fine.

Aji Amarillo Pequeno, finally. I thought it was lost.

The last chili also germinated, with the seed capsule is stuck to the tip of the seedling. I've had this happen with various plants, and usually I pick it off carefully, but this seedling is still so delicate, I'll wait.

In a few weeks the snow will probably be gone and the work outside will start. Maybe then there will be pictures of something besides milk cartons in this blog :)

A true garden warrior's desk on an ordinary day.

Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti