lauantai 3. maaliskuuta 2012

Seedlings of Chili and Tomato

Nothing much to report. Most seeds have germinated.

A friend lent me a fan that blows hot air. After sowing my tomatoes, nothing happened for a few days, but when I activated the fan, they germinated immediately. Correlation does not prove causality, of course.

The fan. Tomato cartons placed in a triangular formation so that each carton can catch as much heat as possible. This is how I made them germinate.

***

The unknown chilis growing well. The Aji Amarillo Pequeno next to it has not germinated at all! But it is the only pair that seems to have failed completely.

Ramiros looking tougher than all the others.

Tomatoes. Most germinated.

***

Within a week I shall transplant seedlings to individual cartons. What they need more of now is light, so I shall attempt to line them up on the windowsill in such a manner that the fan can keep them warm. This will present a new challenge: the fan will probably drop the relative humidity quite low. I have a couple of strategies I am considering for this problem.

Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti