tiistai 7. helmikuuta 2012

It begins.

New readers, welcome to my gardening blog. Old friends, welcome back! In 2010, I wrote about my garden on this site, tracking the growth and development of turnips, beets, parsley, tomatoes, and a few other goodies. The summer of 2011 I had to take a break since I was travelling in South America. I gave up my apartment when I left, but when I returned, a different apartment in the same house was free... so I'm back.

I'm going to report to you EACH SATURDAY in great detail about what is going on. I'll put pictures in each post. Who wants to read about gardening without pictures, anyway?

Right now it's february and below zero outside. The ground is covered in snow. So why am I starting already? Because some of the stuff I'm going to grow needs to be sown and pre-cultivated inside, starting in february.

In defiance of the cold, deadly darkness outside my milk cartons assume position.

I had to bring in a sack of earth to thaw it. It is taking forever, since the heating in my apartment is barely working.

2 kommenttia:

  1. Welcome back. I guess you might want to move those cartons to some other place since otherwise the draft from the window will definitely put a monkeywrench to your wheel. If your electricity bill isn't enormous, you could invest for a small electrical warmer (it's about 40€ and a lot of fun). :)

    VastaaPoista
  2. Don't worry, I have a PLAN :) A friend lent me a fan that blows hot air.

    VastaaPoista